Learn more about Smart Central by clicking on any of the below points:
- We make switching easy
- Smart Central Support
- Online Re-enrol & Customised Enrolment Forms
- Parent Portal
- Early Learning
- Enhanced Fee Rules
- NQF Staff to Child Ratio Management
- Vacation Care Programs
- Smart Central Automatic Payment Options
- Enhanced Dashboards and Trend Reporting
- Covid Care
- Auto Gap Fee Waiver
- Contactless Sign In
- ECEC Supplementary Payments Dashboard
- COVID Declaration
- Software License Fee Discount
- Other FAQs
We make switching easy
We can download all of your active enrolments and recent attendance history from CCS into your new Smart Central set up. There is no need for you to exit your enrolments in your current system.
Smart Central Support
Your Smart Central Licence Fee includes product support.
The Smart Central Support Team is available 8:30am-7:30pm Monday to Friday (AEST/AEDST - excluding public holidays) to answer your Smart Central related queries. Support covers phone, email and live chat assistance with functional and operational queries, for example, how to create a new enrolment, how to submit an attendance, which report to run to get specific information.
Our Smart Central Support Team uses a software application which allows us to see your screen as you work on it, taking any guess work out of solving a problem and saving you time.
Smart Central Parent Portal provides a new approach in streamlining communications with parents:
- Parents can update their and their children's information as well as their contact details via their own secure login
- Parents have the ability to book attendances if the centre publishes their bookings
- Parents can access statements and process their payments via their own secure login
- An automated email function can send out reminders for late payments to parents
- Parents can lodge an enrolment application online
- Centres can review information supplied and import directly into Smart Central if approved
- The portal can be easily linked to the centre's existing website or function by itself if required
- Centres can personalise the parent portal with their own logo and colour scheme
Smart Central Automatic Payment Options
Smart Central provides two facilities for automatic fee payments from your parents:
- Direct Debit
- SmartCentral Click to Pay
Both functions have two major benefits:
- All fee payments are directly deposited into your service’s bank account, eliminating the need to take money or cheques to the bank.
- Parents are more likely to stay up to date with payments if payments are handled electronically.
Smart Central Direct Debit
Child care centres can save $10,000 a year by using the Direct Debit function in Smart Central. What's even more of an advantage is that it saves days of administration time and there's no additional cost to run it. Smart Central DirectDebit is simple to activate plus centres will receive free training and ongoing support.
What are the benefits?
1. Save money
(a) Automatic payments made by parent is proven to:
- Improve cash flow by 11%
- Reduce late payments by 40%
- Reduce bad debts by 50%
- Collect fees earlier
- Total impact is estimated at $12,000 p.a
(b) Reduce bank fees and no terminal fees
- Savings of $10,000 p.a
2. Save time
- Streamline fee collection
- Fewer late fees to chase
- Automatic reconciliation
- Parents can simply pay online by credit card when they receive your statement
- Helps to avoid mistakes by eliminating manual payment entry
3. You’re in control
- You decide which options to offer parents
- You set the business rules
4. No cost
- You can pass the low processing cost to the parents as most merchants do
- Alternatively, absorb the cost to make it free to parents
- There is no minimum usage
5. No changes to your existing bank systems or software
- Connects to your existing centre software
6. Maintain your relationship with parents
- Don’t be tarnished by money discussions
7. Reduce cash on premises
- Improve centre security
8. Appeals to parents
- 96% of parents choose ChildCare EasyPay
9. Enhanced parent communication tool
- Save time & money on individual phone calls, letters & emails
- Centres can send free emails and SMS payment confirmations/alerts to their direct debit parents
1. Saves time and hassle
- They get their own secure online login
- Payment happens automatically or simply pay online
2. Low processing fee
- Alternatively, no cost if centre absorbs fees
3. Up to 55 days interest free with many credit cards
- Utilise their credit card interest free day
4. Unlike other major bank payment systems
- Credit card payments are not treated as a cash advance
5. Only one form to complete
- One form until child leaves centre
6. Multiple payment options
- All credit/debit cards and bank accounts accepted including Visa, Mastercard, Diners Club and American Express
7. SMS/Email confirmation
- Reassurance messages when payments are made
How does it work?
- Parents elect to have fee payments direct debited from either a bank account or a credit card.
- Automatic payment records are created in Smart Central, eliminating the need for you to manually enter payments.
- Direct debit transactions are triggered from within Smart Central by you and sent directly to the ChildCare EasyPay secure payment gateway for processing.
- Payments are then automatically deposited into your bank account.
Smart Central FAQs
Do l have to do backups every day?
No. Your Smart Central data is automatically backed-up every night and stored in 2 separate, secure locations within Australia. You will never need to remember to do backups again.
Do I have to install upgrades?
No. Upgrades are done seamlessly by the Smart Central team. When an upgrade is released, you will simply be advised of any major changes/additions made. No installations, no downloads, no configurations, no reading of installation instructions. You will never need to worry about installing upgrades again.
Can I access Smart Central from anywhere?
Yes. You can login to Smart Central from any internet enabled device. You can work from your service or home and never worry about copying your data from one computer to another. You can even use your iPad to access Smart Central.
Can I still print reports?
Yes. You can still print Smart Central reports to your own local printer.
How does CCS submission work in Smart Central?
Smart Central has both 'on demand' and 'scheduled' options for CCS submission. So you can send data as soon as its ready or schedule it to go out after hours even if you are normally not working that day.
Is Smart Central Secure?
Yes. Your Smart Central data is securely separated from other data behind industry standard password, encryption and firewalls so that no-one else but you and Smart Central support staff can see it.
Is Smart Central Support any different depending on which license you choose?
The prompt, friendly and high quality support you receive from our Smart Central Team is the same across all versions of Smart Central. With your permission, Smart Central support staff can log into your data at the same time as you and see what you are doing and address your questions together with you. We can even fix any of your CCS records if you need us too. It's just like we are sitting next to you – wherever you are!
How do I sign up for Smart Central?
Visit out purchasing page and follow the prompts.
How do I sign up for Direct Debit with ChildCare EasyPay?
- Visit our purchasing page.
- Download the licence agreement you want, print and fill in all of the forms, including Direct Debit with ChildCare Easy Pay.
- Upload the signed licence agreement via the online form on the purchasing page, along with filling in all of the form fields and submit or email it to email@example.com.
If you are an existing Smart Central customer please let us know you'd like to sign up for DirectDebit with ChildCare EasyPay by contacting us either by phone or by using the enquiry form.
Does anyone else apart from the parent have access to the child's information?
No, unless the parent gives out their secure user login and password. Other parents using SmartCentral are provided with a different user login and password. Service staff have access as they do already.
When making an online payment using a credit card, will the credit card number be stored anywhere?
No credit card details are stored within Smart Central. Credit card payments are processed using the Childcare EasyPay service which processes secure transactions. Visit theChildcare EasyPay website for more information - www.childcareeasypay.com.au
Which credit cards can be used?
All major credit cards can be processed. Services can configure which payment options they want to accept.
The help that we receive from your help desk is fantastic. We can ask as many silly questions as we like and the ladies are always so accommodating and genuinely interested in reaching a solution for us. They are never patronising or dismissive and I feel completely confident in contacting them whenever I need assistance.
Lauren, Stratton OSHC, WA